I never planned to be a stay-at-home mom, but now that I am, I'll never let money take me by surprise again

I never planned to be a stay-at-home mom, but now that I am, I'll never let money take me by surprise again

Quick summary:

1. Rachel Morgan Cautero is a fulltime freelance writer who writes on all things personal finance and rewards travel, from retirement savings tips to monetary policy to how to hack a babymoon on points.

2. When I had my first child, my husband enjoyed a full eight weeks of unpaid paternity leave, while I returned to my freelance business just three weeks after giving birth.

3. Recognize that our country's maternity leave is brokenI hate to get political right off the bat, but I think we can all agree that paid family leave in our country is appalling — a burden largely shouldered by new mothers

#biyro

More: https://biyro.com/blog/freelance/i-never-planned-to-be-a-stay-at-home-mom-but-now-that-i-am-ill-never-let-money-take-me-by-surprise-again/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How I Got Here: 'MasterChef Australia' judge Melissa Leong on the value of saying yes

Tapping into the gig economy for holiday experience gifts

Which Freelance Job is the Easiest Way to Make Fast Money