Journalists turn to freelance. 7 things they would like to know first. - Poynter - theriskywriter.com


Journalists turn to freelance. 7 things they would like to know first. - Poynter - theriskywriter.com

Quick summary:

1. One piece of advice I always give to people who ask me about self-employment: Write a list of your potential clients before you quit your full-time job.

2. Before quitting my full-time job, I created a spreadsheet on Google Drive that tracks my assignments, their due dates, payroll, invoice date, and payroll date.

3. That's not to say early-career journalists can't work as freelancers – some of the most successful freelancers are those who have never worked full-time for a media organization

#biyro #makeup #interface #weddingideas #viedefreelance

More: https://biyro.com/blog/freelance/journalists-turn-to-freelance-7-things-they-would-like-to-know-first-poynter-theriskywritercom/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How I Got Here: 'MasterChef Australia' judge Melissa Leong on the value of saying yes

Tapping into the gig economy for holiday experience gifts

Which Freelance Job is the Easiest Way to Make Fast Money