Journalists turn to freelance. 7 things they would like to know first. - Poynter - theriskywriter.com


Journalists turn to freelance. 7 things they would like to know first. - Poynter - theriskywriter.com

Quick summary:

1. One piece of advice I always give to people who ask me about self-employment: Write a list of your potential clients before you quit your full-time job.

2. Before quitting my full-time job, I created a spreadsheet on Google Drive that tracks my assignments, their due dates, payroll, invoice date, and payroll date.

3. That's not to say early-career journalists can't work as freelancers – some of the most successful freelancers are those who have never worked full-time for a media organization

#biyro #makeup #interface #weddingideas #viedefreelance

More: https://biyro.com/blog/freelance/journalists-turn-to-freelance-7-things-they-would-like-to-know-first-poynter-theriskywritercom/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Money Mistakes I've Made as Freelancer

These 7 Laptop Bags Are Perfect for Everyone on the Go

My 29 minutes of hell between the tops Twin Callaps